George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have an Amana frig-freezer model SA269S. The door catch

I have an Amana frig-freezer model SA269S.
The door catch on the mini door of the refrigerator has broken so I keep the mini door taped shut.
I live in Israel and am about to visit the UK. Can I buy a replacement catch in the UK and is replacing the catch a complex job?
I have not found any Amana service here.
Sincerely
Avelyn Hass
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello Avelyn, my name is George..

It seems that your Amana SA269S is a product made for your country..

Parts are not available for the product here in the UK.

However, it is unlikely that the product is made specifically for one country and therefore may have a sibling appliance in another country.. ie. The same appliance listed as a different model number and built with different electrical specs, but retaining the same body parts. So in this case the appliance will not be recognised by the model number..

Nevertheless, my advice therefore would be to contact one of the following companies:

Appliance Repair Service in Modiin on 08-979-0707
Goldstein and Berger Appliances Appliance Service, Repairs and Sales in Jerusalem 02-671-6776