George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Bought Hotpoint fridge/freezer on 5/1/15 situated in garage

Customer Question

Bought Hotpoint fridge/freezer on 5/1/15 situated in garage worked at first then appeared not to although power on and light on in fridge but couple of items in freezer thawed. Rang out and someone coming tomorrow. however have read Troubleshooting details and realize that when put in garage you should put "fast freeze switch' on so did that and it does appear to be working. The only way you seem to be able to tell if working is if the back wall of fridge has moisture droplets on it. Do these droplets come and go as the machine keeps to correct temp? Do I presume that the freezer is working correctly providing the fridge is? There are no lights indicating up to temp or anything.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

The moisture on the inside panel of the fridge drains away through a hole further down the back panel.. this travels down a tube to a tray at the top of the compressor. As the compressor warms, it evaporates the collected moisture. This is normal operation.

The fridge is working as it should do...

JACUSTOMER-dihg5y51- :

Thanks but is that the only way I know that the freezer is working correctly?

George-Allsorts :

You could put a thermostat in the freezer to check the temperature.

George-Allsorts :

Thermometer not thermostat

George-Allsorts :

The engineer should have a special thermometer with him when he calls to see you if you haven't already checked it yourself

George-Allsorts :

Please remember to rate my assistance to you this morning.. and if you have any further questions I'll be glad to assist

George-Allsorts :

Did the engineer have a thermometer to help you measure the interior temperature of the freezer?