George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a Bosch cooker hob and whilst I can get all five rings

Customer Question

I have a Bosch cooker hob and whilst I can get all five rings alight the main switch which allows the gas to flow seems temperamental. It takes some fiddling with the switch to get the gas to flow - certainly more than 5 seconds at best.
The hob is about 9 years old (PCL755MEU/01).
What can I do to sort the problem?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

Can you describe to me what you mean by the main switch please?

George-Allsorts :

and is this for all controls or just one...

George-Allsorts :

I think you are meaning the main gas tap on the right of the regulators for the rings.. if this is the case, you can only have it replaced.. The part is available HERE at Bosch but you will need the services of a Gas Safe engineer to replace it

George-Allsorts :

If I can be of further assistance please let me know... otherwise, please remember to rate my assistance to you today as it is the only way I get credited for my time