Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

- I have a Worcester Greenstar 25Si boiler - just over 2

Hi - I have a Worcester Greenstar 25Si boiler - just over 2 years old and recently serviced. It has started to turn itself on at random times, even when not programmed to do so. The display panel on the thermostat does not show the heating as being on, but the boiler is firing up. Any ideas? I got a local plumber round to have a look but he didn't know why it was happening.
TIA
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I am sorry to hear that.
This a bad main control board on the boiler. It isn't responding correctly or sending the information to the thermostat.
If you are handy and have some good quality basic hand tools I can help you replace that part. But if not it would be best serviced by a heating specialist.
Please let me know what you would like to do.
I will stick with you until this is fixed, please don’t forget to rate my service to you before you close this page. I will be available to you at no additional cost , you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.
Thank you and have a great day;-)
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks - I will need to get an expert in I think. Is this a job for an electrician or should a plumber be able to do this, do you think?

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Your very welcome Liz;-)
Please rate kindly at this time and have a wonderful day!
Tech Michael