Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have an Ideal Independent C30 boiler which is showing fault

Customer Question

I have an Ideal Independent C30 boiler which is showing fault 'c' in green as boiler status. We have hot water but no central heating. The water pressure is fine and the burner light glows blue indicating it is alight however still no central heating.
The manual states that 'c' as CH being supplied!?!?
I've tried resetting it and turning it off an on but it just reverts back to 'c' status!
Help! It's cold!
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi , I am sorry to heat that.
The fault code "C" should have a # ***** to it.
If it doesn't the main control board is at fault.
This unit likely needs a new main control board to get it working again. Unless its been over a year since the boiler has been professionally cleaned as that can cause this as well.
I will stick with you until this is fixed, please don’t forget to rate my service to you before you close this page. I will be available to you at no additional cost , you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.
Thank you and have a great day !
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

There is no # ***** just the 'c'. The manual states that if this operation mode is displayed then the boiler has a call for central heating but the appliance has reached the desired temperature set by the boiler. Can I not change the desired temperature?

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Ricky on most of these the main control is bad, but if you use a battery operated thermostat, please let me know.
Tech Mike
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

How would I find that out? Would it be on the boiler itself?

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Rick,
The thermostat is the one you would use for your home heat to set the temp in your house.
But if you don't use the system for heat, only hot water let me know.
Really though, with all units I have serviced over the past 30 years, this problem required a new main control board and that is at the boiler itself;-)
This is best done by a heating repair specialist if you aren't sure about this type of work.
Tech Mike