canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

f25 error . water pressure keeps dropping

Expert:  canuck the pro replied 2 years ago.
canuck the pro :

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today. Is the filling loop still connected? How often are you topping up? Is the error code gone when it is topped?

Customer:

hi, the filling loop is connected , I top up pressure as per instruction manual , but by the morning the pressure has dropped to 0

canuck the pro :

Is there water coming from the temperature pressure relief valve? I should be piped to a drain nearby.

Customer:

no water leaking thati can see

canuck the pro :

It would be a valve similar to this

Full Size Image

canuck the pro :

The pipe exiting it could be piped to a drain or outside.

canuck the pro :

Does the end of this pipe have water dripping or does it seem that it may have been?

canuck the pro :

The internal pressure of the system fluctuates and needs excess pressure to go somewhere. This is the function of the pressure vessel. If the pressure vessel fails then the excess pressure activates the temperature relief valve and the valve relieves the pressure. Almost certainly the pressure vessel needs replacing or balancing to create a situation that will no longer trip the temperature pressure relief valve.

Customer:

yes valve is similar, cant see if any water is dripping , too dark

canuck the pro :

I am not sure if you saw my response above but certainly that is what is causing this situation. The only other explanation would be a leak in the system and surely you would have noticed leaking plumbing. That is the only explanation and also the only place the water could go.

Customer:

ok thanks. I had an f28 lockout problem a few weeks ago and a n engineer came out and sorted , I wonder if it was something he done

canuck the pro :

He must have pressured the pressure tank but not addressed the loss of pressure from the tank. The valve should be checked to see if it is losing air pressure from the diaphragm. Once the pressure tank air pressure is secure you will no longer have the problem.

canuck the pro :

The air valve may just need to be tightened before adding pressure.

Customer:

thanks , will get onto engineer again