canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

why does the fan run continuously on a baxi 105he when nothing

Customer Question

why does the fan run continuously on a baxi 105he when nothing is calling fr heat or hot water (no pump running)
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

, my name is ***** ***** I have been in the home improvement and repair field years. I will be very glad to help you today. Does the boiler operate otherwise? Is there no other fault and no error code?

JACUSTOMER-4q9q21cu- :

no other fault, just the fan runs continuously , boiler does not fire.

Customer:

It is most likely a faulty PCB. Are you going to repair yourself or just getting an idea before calling someone out?

JACUSTOMER-4q9q21cu- :

just an idea before calling someone out

Customer:

I see. It is almost certainly the Printed Circuit Board. The board being the brain of the controls has not closed the circuit to the power fan. It may also be that the flow sensor is an open circuit. The flow sensor can be tested with a volt meter and also the circuit board to determine which it is.

JACUSTOMER-4q9q21cu- :

thank you very much, you have been a great help

Customer:

You are very welcome. I am very glad to help. You can try to turn the power off minutes and then back on. It is unlikely to work but worth a shot.