Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

my lg freezer is not making ice - the water is dispensing ok

my lg freezer is not making ice - the water is dispensing ok so don't think it can be a problem with the pipe. The container where the ice is dropped into was not correctly fitted as I noticed this today as there was some ice trapped behind it but its now back in correctly but still not making ice
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Water and ice are two different systems, water is cooled in refrigerator area, ice in the freezer area. Can you let me have the model number of you appliance please and I will look up the details ~ Ian

Customer:

GWL227HSYA - the water which is used to make the ice comes from the container in the refrigerator. All the water comes from the same source so when I dispense water it works fine so must be a problem with the ice maker

Dales-Electronic :

Not wishing to disagree but this appliance has a electronic solenoid valve on the back which takes the water supply and splits it to the ice maker and the chilled water, ie two feeds. If either of the sections is faulty then no water will be delivered to either area. You should be able to see a small microswitch on the bottom/front of the ice maker which once depressed will cause the icemaker to carry out its test sequence. Part of this test sequence is to fill the ice maker with water. Kindly carry out this test and tell me what occurs.

Customer: Yes tried this but nothing happens
Dales-Electronic :

OK in this case you have got a faulty icemaker or connections to the icemaker. Cost of a new icemaker (complete unit assy) is around £120. Would you now rate my service using the smiley faces below this allows me to close the job down whilst giving you access to further questions free of charge.