Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have Whirlpool WSC5541 N American fridge freezer. The fridge

Customer Question

I have Whirlpool WSC5541 N American fridge freezer. The fridge part is showing at zero degrees on a thermometer in the fridge, when I have the setting at 6 degrees on the outside & don't seem to be able to adjust it no matter what I set the temperature to
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Ok if the fridge is getting to cold in there then what you will find is the damper inside the fridge is faulty as its letting to much cold air in there.
As the damper has a plastic gate on it which opens and closes as and when it needs to. What happens on these is the plastic gate breaks so it stays open all the time and then gets to cold in there just like its doing now.
To cure this you need to empty the fridge section and remove the plastic housing unit inside the fridge at the top at the back. Ter yo will see the damper sitting in the side wall between the fridge an freezer.
Replace this and I think that will then cure the fault in here. Ive replaced loads of them in the past kind of fault that you have here.
If you need anymore info just get back to me.