Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Siemens Dishwasher SD6P1S, the brush light is on, the

Customer Question

Siemens Dishwasher SD6P1S, the brush light is on, the machine doesn't want to run.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry to hear about that. How old is your dishwasher?
Also will it respond to any button presses?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It is now 6 years old. What do you mean with button presses? The start button doesn't activate the dishwasher.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Bert.
Thats what I meant;-)
did the dishwasher act properly during the last full working cycle?
Also did this unit fail during a wash, or did it simply not come on with the brush light stuck?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It did work properly before. It didn't fail during a wash (not that I know of). Is there anything relevant about the 'star like' light on?

Did you see the picture I attached earlier?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Bert thanks.
There really isn't anything that the star light is indicating about the problem. The issue here is a failed main control board in the door.
Its easy to replace with just a few basic hand tools. I can help you with that at no additional cost, no soldering required ;-)
The best place to get a replacement board is Espares, I have listed their phone contact information below.
They are reliable and will ship the part the same day you call;-)
I will stick with you until this is fixed, please don’t forget to rate my service to you before you close this page. I will be available to you at no additional cost , you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.
Thank you and have a great day Bert.
Tech Michael
Bert please call:
Sales/Parts
0844 9777 888
After sales
0333 4007 888
Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 4pm, or 10am to 4pm on Bank Holidays
Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear *****, unfortunately I live in Belgium, although I would of course love to work with you. I will need to further research here how to go about that. All the best, Bert

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
H Bert, I think Espares will ship to you as well.
Please call: Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046.
I will stick with you until this is complete please rate at this time and I will be available to you anytime;-)
Thanks Bert.
Tech Michael