Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

We are planning on installing an induction hob above a drawer

Customer Question

We are planning on installing an induction hob above a drawer unit. The worktop will be 30mm quartz. Are tgere any guidelines we need to follow othrr than those indicated in the drawings re. clearance, ie. do we need to put a barrier between the base of the hob and the contents of the drawer
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

You do not need to put any barrier between the base of the hob and the draw unit, but I would make sure that whatever you have in the draw below is not metallic as this could cause problems with the induction operation in the hob unit. As you are aware the induction process is based around generating a magnetic field within the metal pan which then causes the product to heat up in the food.