George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

george i have a cannon 10756g and both oven knobs have

Customer Question

george i have a cannon 10756g and both oven knobs have come off.how do they fit back on? do i need new ones?
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Usually they just push onto the shaft of the control switch.
Will it push on?
If so is it just falling off straight away?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.

I am George.. Sorry delayed answer, but I was not available... Daniel asked you a few questions which have not been answered, to which I need to ask a few more before we can answer you fully.

The knobs of your cooker are held on by a shafts that goes through each knob rear from its regulator.. The knob grips to the shaft by way of a spring clip inserted in the orifice of the rear of the knob where the regulator shaft enters.

Can you tell me the following:

1. Is there a shaft knob to slide on to, or, is the shaft broken off the regulator and stuck in the rear of the knob?
2. If the shaft of the regulator is still there, is the knob just sliding on / of the shaft with no resistance?
3. Does the knob still have the spring clip in its rear where the shaft from the regulator would fit and is rear of the knob still in tact?

Also, do you have the serial number from the sticker at the bottom of the oven opening