KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

My Electrolux microwave oven has stopped working. Model ems17006o.

Customer Question

My Electrolux microwave oven has stopped working. Model ems17006o. No lights, no control panel, basically nothing. I have replaced the fuse in the plug and that has not worked. I have put a different appliance on the socket to make sure there is power to that socket and there is. Any ideas? I know there is also a small fuse inside the microwave, could this be with changing? Thanks
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

, welcome to Just answer

Customer:

How old is it ?

JACUSTOMER-nhpa0mg4- : 2 years
Customer:

OK, was there any problem with the unit before it completely went dead

JACUSTOMER-nhpa0mg4- : No, nothing, worked one day and then dead the next
Customer:

OK, I believe the problem is with the control board that is bad and needs replacement

Customer:

unfortunately there is no other fuse on the control

JACUSTOMER-nhpa0mg4- : I have found a small fuse near to where the power cord comes into the appliance, could this be worth changing? Do you have any ideas of cost of replacing the control board? Basically is it worh it? Or buy new? Unit cost around £300. Thanks
Customer:

I thought you have already changed that one, yes you can try to replace that if still it wont work then a new power control board will cost around £80 + repair

JACUSTOMER-nhpa0mg4- : No I haven't changed it because its a strange size, not a normal plug type fuse, and I'm not sure if your typical b and q / home base would sell it?
Customer:

Yes you can call espares at 0844 9777 888 to buy the parts

JACUSTOMER-nhpa0mg4- : Can I change the control board myself? Sorry to confirm, do you think this small fuse can be brought from bandq or home base?
Customer:

I won't recommend doing that yourself as it has HV inside even when we leave it unplugged while

Customer:

I am not sure if they have that part available however, you can check with them

Customer:

you can also check at partsmaster #0344(###) ###-####/p>

Customer:

You can get back to me if you need any assistance and I will help with no additional charges.....Is there anything else I can assist you with today ?

JACUSTOMER-nhpa0mg4- : No thanks
Customer:

You're welcome....Excellent feedback is appreciated if you are satisfied with my assistance.... Good Day

Customer:

If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks