Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

AEG L16830, prod no ********* Want to replace drum bearings,

AEG L16830, prod no ********* Want to replace drum bearings, removed case expecting to find a spider holding the bearings, but all I have the plastic case of the external drum and bearings buried in this. Do I have to remove drum and split to access the bearngs?
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Sorry delay in getting to your question.
Yes the bearings are in the back of the drum so the complete drum will need to be removed.
As you already have the back off you can then remove all the hoses going to the drum and then remove the suspension legs at the bottom and remove the motor.
And then undo the door seal as well.
Then you can lift the drum out from there.
Then you need to remove all the screws going round the middle of the drum and remove the front section of the drum.
Then remove the pully and bolt at the back and then you need to knock the drum shaft through from the back and then remove the inner drum.
Then you can access the bearings from there and replace them from there.
But im afraid you do need to remove the complete drum to access the bearings from there as this model doesn't have the external bearing spider on the back which some do.
If you need anymore info just get back to me.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Many thanks.

As this is a washer dryer, can connections to door seal all be accessed from the top, or thru the door opening.

regards

David C

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
door seal I do it from inside. Release the seal from the front of the cabinet and then you can fold it in and access the clamp around the dryer vent at the top.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

many thanks