Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

HelloMy AEG dishwasher Favorit 60870 appears to be running normally bu

Customer Question

My AEG dishwasher Favorit 60870 appears to be running normally but the soap tablet is not dissolving despite the soap door opening normally. I've run the programme 3 times and each time the same - the tablet remains whole in the dispenser. Clearly something must be blocked but I don't know what or where to look. It seems water is running during the wash as normal.
Can you advise please?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry to hear that. How old is your dishwasher?
Also is the water inside heating properly and fully?
Tech Mike
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

,

I seem to have gone from Daniel to Kevin and now Michael!

I can't remember exactly when I bought it but some years ago. Possibly as many as 10. Up untiol yesrday was working properly and well. No problems.

And yes the water is heating and it goes through the whole cycle so is very hot when immediately finished.

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Nicola,
please only reply to these messages so you don't get bounced around here lol;-)
This is almost always caused by a water heating problem.
you can try this first. Please before running the dishwasher turn on the sinks hot water tap until the water comes out very hot.
Then Run a normal wash and let me know if that helps as I will advise the next step because this can be one of a couple of things wrong here.
If it works well after making sure the tap water is very hot then you will need a new internal heating element in the dishwasher.
I will help you until this is fixed one way or another whatever the issue is;-)
I will stick with you until this is fixed, please don’t forget to rate my service to you before you close this page. I will be available to you at no additional cost , you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.
Thank you and have a great day Nicola.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry but I'm confused - I did say the water and heating seemed the be working normally as the inside and and crockery were extremely hot when the cycle finished, As normal. It's obviously heating - why would that mean needing a new heating element?

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Nicola, if you are sure the water is hot enough then the issue is another one.
If the water is hot enough at least 180 degrees then please let me know.
Also do you live in a region with hard water?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

As I said, I'm confused - you appear to have said two completely contradictory things as quoted below:

first : If it works well after making sure the tap water is very hot then you will need a new internal heating element in the dishwasher.

second : Nicola, if you are sure the water is hot enough then the issue is another one.

Can you explain please? This does not give me confidence at the moment.

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Nicola, I wasn't sure if the water was hot enough to melt the tabs.
But if it is the problem will be something else entirely.
I have been a tech 30 years and have a well respected reputation.
As I last mentioned I need to know this:
"if you are sure the water is hot enough then the issue is another one.
Thank you"
I need your answers to be clear and complete, as these are technical issues;-)
Thank you patience.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'm afraid I can't check the temperature of the water. The tap water doesn't appear to be any different to normal.

Yes the water is hard - London

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Nicola,
You could buy a cheap thermometer or a meat thermometer and place it inside the dish tray and then run the unit to get that reading.
But since you do have hard water mate, and the water is hot, you likely have simply a clogged and failing water supply solenoid(electrically operated water valve.)
Its very easy to replace and I will help you. You only need a few simple good quality basic hand tools . You can do this in a short period of time under an hour if you are a bit handy;-)
The best place to call part is Espares, I have included their phone contact information below convenience.
Its best to call them water inlet valve.
Thank you and have a great day Nicola.
Tech Michael
Sales/Parts
0844 9777 888
After sales
0333 4007 888
Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 4pm, or 10am to 4pm on Bank Holidays
and training purposes, telephone calls may be recorded or monitored.
Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I"m sorry but I am not happy.

My dishwasher has to be connected to the cold water supply - so what is the point of checking the heat of the tap water?

You don't seem to have answered my questions above.

I guess this form of help does not work . While I don't question your technical abilities I'm not happy how this is going.

Thanks anyway

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Nicola, this is why I said we need details as we cant see the unit or how its hooked up. It should have a hot water supply operation.
If the water heating element is or the thermostat inside the dishwasher is bad you would have this problem. But also the water inlet solenoid would cause this. I gave you all the correct information based on what you have told me. I will report this to customer service to see what they will do.
Thank you you and have a great weekend. Please don't rate my service below Ok service as it will hurt my excellent record here.
I will still be here if you wish to continue. But his unit will require service either by you and I or an appliance technician to fix.
Thanks again.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

But how can you say it should have a hot water supply when the manual says it MUST be cold water!

Sorry but it does not give me confidence.

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
, if yours says that it needs cold water, it will need that but the ones in the database use a hot supply. But all of that is ok as some do require a cold supply.
In that case as I said, its important to check the water temp inside with a thermometer placed inside the unit on a dish rack during a wash cycle. That will clear up a lot as far as diagnosis is concerned.
If the water isn't getting to a minimum of 140 degrees.
Or it will not work correctly or melt the detergent tabs or even the powdered soap.
But also if you have hard water as you said, the solenoid could be clogged.
We need to check one thing at a time to be sure whats happening.
Either of these problems are easily repaired if you are at least a bit handy. And as I said I will help you all the way. I am here to be helpful and save you money is all;-)
Hopefully you can understand what I am trying to say.
Please let me know if there is anything you don't understand.
Thank you patience.\
Tech Michael