George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

, just got a brand new Beko mix hob (gas burners and electric

, just got a brand new Beko mix hob (gas burners and electric oven). The gas hooked up is butane. When I go to ignite the burners I have to use a match, and when I stop pushing in the nob, the flame goes out. Any suggestion as to what theroblem may be?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry to hear that.
Are you using the correct gas setup on the jets?
It could be set up natural gas or propane.
Also may I have the full model # ***** your Hob combo?
Tech Mike
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Mike, thanks reply. It is a BEKO CSE63. We replaced the installed jets with the supplied butane ones. What happens now is that one of the four burners ignites (with the built in ignition system) and stays on after releasing the knob (which pops back out after pressing in ). The flame is blue but with yellow tips to the flames. With the other three burners, they do not ignite with built-in spark system, but ignite with a match, producing a strong (blue only) flame. However, upon release of the knob (and it pops out), the flame goes out with it. The tank of butane (13 kg butagaz 'le cube' - we just moved to France) that we have connected it to is new and we connected that yesterday.
Christina
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
, .. Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

You need to run the system on propane as the system will not run at the correct pressures, nor will it run hot enough on butane..
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
George, thanks you reply. The oven is sold as being able to run specifically on natural gas or butane, which is quite common here in France ( example see the butagaz.fr website) where you purchase small bottles/canisters inside your home. The stove also comes with butane jets to replace the natural gas ones. We have one hob which works well and we are cooking on that. With the other hobs however, the flame goes out. I suspect it is to do with the safety cut-out mechanism on each ring. Perhaos I will have to get someone in to have a look at it. Many thanks.

OK Christina, thanks back to me...

If what you say is correct, then also make sure that you have placed the correct size jets into the correct sized burners as this will also inhibit correct operation if fitted wrongly...

If the appliance is fitted with thermocouples on the burners, then make sure these are clean and that they are sitting in the flame correctly, else the flame will go out if the thermocouples cannot detect the flame.

Notwithstanding all of this, you say that the cooker is brand new... If this is the case then the appliance should still be under a warranty... Call in the manufacturers if this is the case.

Kindest regards

Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair