KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

indesit washing machine - model WIL143 S. Some months ago

indesit washing machine - model WIL143 S.
Some months ago all the programmes were flashing and obviously the machine would not work. I changed the thermostat and all flashing lights went out and I was able to select the programme I wanted. The machine worked few months and the same thing happened again. I again changed the thermostat and machine went fine few months. It has started again with the flashing lights and machine will not work. There are only 2 flashing lights on the control panel - delay and extra rinse. Can you throw any light on this problem - Thank You.
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.
KevinWhiteJA :

, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

How old is it ?

Customer:

Approximately 4/5 years old.

KevinWhiteJA :

OK, usually all lights flashing indicates that the main control board is bad

KevinWhiteJA :

OK, now i you number the lights with 1 on the left, please tell me which numbers are flashing?

Customer:

There is no numbers on the programmes to select. There are 4 buttons to press. The 2 that are flashing are delay time and extra spin. Hope this helps.

KevinWhiteJA :

OK and if you number those 4 lights across the facia...can you please tell me the number that flashes

Customer:

Looking straight in front of the machine and working from left to right function buttons 1 and 4 are flashing.

KevinWhiteJA :

OK those flashing lights indicate EEPROM error which indicates the problem is with the main control board

KevinWhiteJA :

with the washer unplugged, can you take the rear cover off and check the main control board

Customer:

Are you then telling me that the main control board needs replacing and at what cost?

Customer:

What will I be looking I take off the cover off? I will have to ask my son to do it as this is his mother speaking.

KevinWhiteJA :

OK, after you take the rear cover off check the control board located towards the left...please make sure to check all the connectors and clean them...try to connect them back and check if it works again, if the problem is still there than it has to be replaced

KevinWhiteJA :

a new one will cost around £120 + labor

Customer:

ok will be back to you in about 1/2 hour.

KevinWhiteJA :

sure please let me know how it goes

Customer:

cleaning all contacts now and will report back once everything is back in place. Thanks.

KevinWhiteJA :

OK sure

Customer:

, success all light are out and machine working. My son stripped the control and sprayed contact spray on it, let it dry and put back together. Thank goodness he has a lot of patience.

Customer:

Many thanks A+++++++++++++++++++

KevinWhiteJA :

:) Great...You're welcome..You can get back to me if you need any assistance and I will help with no additional charges...Excellent feedback is appreciated if you are satisfied with my assistance.

KevinWhiteJA :

Please don't forget to leave a rating as that is the only way I receive credit assistance that I have provided today...Thanks :)

Customer:

will certainly do so. Cheers

KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Worked on appliances for more than 15 years