George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

When I try to use my Toshiba DVD Player the picture is so shaky

When I try to use my Toshiba DVD Player the picture is so shaky as to be unwatchable. You can see the image but it shakes all over the screen. I have checked all the connections. Nothing has changed but suddenly the picture is shaky. It is connected up with a Freeview box as well. I did wonder if I had pressed something wrongly on one of the wands, but have not discovered what it is. Can you help?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

When you say the dvd image is shaky.. can you describe that a little better?

Is it possible that the 'shaky' is a series of zigzags?

Customer:

George,

Customer:

George........the image shakes all over horizontally, and there is a loud rushing sound.....loud interference,

Customer:

Geoff

George-Allsorts :

By that description Geoff, it sounds like you have an issue with the RF board..

How old is the system?

Customer:

Not too sure, but I have had the DVD player six years. The TV and the set top box are much more recent.

George-Allsorts :

It sounds like you are going to need to replace the DVD system, unless you can find an inexpensive repairer.. The electronics of the RF system on this is made up of surface mounted parts and will be rather expensive to repair in comparison to the purchase cost of a new unit

Customer:

OK........I feared as much. Anyway, thanks help,

Customer:

Best wishes,

Customer:

Geoff

George-Allsorts :

Geoff, can I ask you to now take time to assist me by clicking on the smiley faces that you can now see... This will help me as it rates my assistance with your problems and it is the only way I get credited assistance given to you..