George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a 2 yr old BEKOWMB71231W washing machine. It is not

I have a 2 yr old BEKOWMB71231W washing machine. It is not spinning/draining and seems to get stuck on the 1 minute to go point on the cycle. Removed and cleaned the pump filter and found the pump impeller? loose and presume this is the problem. I don't know whether it can be re-attached or not.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

You can replace the impellor sometimes.. but in order to do it, you need to remove the pump.. The impellor nees also not to be damaged

Customer:

How do I know whether the impellor is damaged? It looks like a tap top and inside there are a series of ridges which do not be a thread. At the furthest point inside there is a pole in the centre which is attached to the internal wall by a ridge. There is a spindle inside of the pump which has a small segment on its circumference which is sticking up. If I knew how is the impellor attached to the pump I might be able to decide whether it can be re-attached.

George-Allsorts :

It is whether those ridges are damaged... What was in the pump .. other than the loose impellor?

George-Allsorts :

The impellor is a push fit.. Although saying that... the pumps are relatively cheap to replace as a whole if you are interested in doing that

Customer:

Thank you reply.

George-Allsorts :

You are very welcome.. did you manage to repair the pump impellor?

Customer:

No. I am having problems with this chat system as I have replied twice without it being available to you. I need to know how the impeller is normally attached to the spindle to know whether it is damaged. The impeller does not look as if it has anything broken; the inside has a round column at the centre of its base with a "wall" joining it to the inside wall. It has ridges at the top but it is not threaded. The spindle has a small curved projection on it's outside edge.

George-Allsorts :

The impellor slides onto the shaft and then the only part holding it is the concave plastic part.. once it has slid into place give it a sharp tap towards the motor from the end of the impellor to lock it onto the shaft parts

George-Allsorts :

I have checked on the price of a replacement and it is under £20 .. I can give you the information if you wish

Customer:

I have tried what you suggested but it is very loose and I do not think it is attached properly. I will have to try Plan B therefore I would be grateful information about the spares.

Customer:

Many thanks.

Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair