George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

BOSCH Maxx washing machine. About 10 years old. A bang, more

BOSCH Maxx washing machine. About 10 years old.
A bang, more a pop really. Switched machine off, then on again, another pop, now machine dead. Fuse also blew on the power plug. Plug fixed, but machine still dead.
Is there a fuse inside the machine? I'll be happy to change the machine if it's a big job.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

Can you open the door and give me the numbers from inside it

Customer:

E-nr.wfl226lgb/or fd 8005 7000 85

George-Allsorts :

Thank you .. Just a moment whilst I get my diagrams

Customer:

Hokay :)

George-Allsorts :

OK.. I have them... There is no fuses on that model that you can change....

However, can you tell me if you saw any smoke coming from the front panel?

Customer:

No, no smpke the "Bang /POP" sounded as though it came from the lower left side of the machine.

Customer:

No power lights on

George-Allsorts :

OK.. let me look that would cause this

George-Allsorts :

Did you see a flash?

Customer:

No nothing. Just thought it was a fuse or something

George-Allsorts :

OK.. the reason I asked that was to ascertain the possibility of it being the heater which would have created a flash under the center of the machine

Customer:

Mind you, I wasn't looking

George-Allsorts :

Next, is the motor... But because there is no power, I would say that if it is the motor then the board will need repairing... The motor brushes have likely gone.. If they are replaced and the motor is then working, the board can be sent away ...

Customer:

Naaa... If it starts getting complicated like that, and it IS an oldish machine I might as well get a new one. Had my moneys worth out of it anyway. :)

George-Allsorts :

If you do decide to replace the machine.. Think about offering it to Findmyrecycler who will make sure that, if accepted by someone, the appliance is repaired or the working parts recycled

George-Allsorts :

Can I ask you to now take time to assist me by clicking on the smiley faces that you can now see... This will help me as it rates my assistance with your problems and it is the only way I get credited assistance given to you.. This will not cost you any more money..

Customer:

I'll probably go to Currys, they will do the whole business of recycling I think. If they won't I'll go elsewhere. Thanks very much help. It's much appreciated. :)

George-Allsorts :

You're very welcome

Customer:

Thanks again Bye!

Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair