George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

there , our Hotpoint Quadro fridge freezer has suddenly

there , our Hotpoint Quadro fridge freezer has suddenly stopped working. No sound or interior lighting.I have replaced both bulbs with no effect. John.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

Can you please give the full model number of the appliance.. you will find it on a label inside the refrigerator compartment

Customer:

there - its a Hotpoint Quadrio fridge freezer - model FF4DX. Thankyou.

George-Allsorts :

Thanks.. I'll have a look at the diagrams to see what the systems electrical system has in it

George-Allsorts :

Sorry delay.. there is a thermal fuse on this system and before I can give you an answer to your problem I need to find out where this fuse is placed... I shall come back to you later today if you don't mind

Customer:

Ok Thanks

George-Allsorts :

Ok.. having had a look at your system in full, I can tell you that the system is a board related problem

George-Allsorts :

When you come back we can discuss this further

Customer:

there - lets begin.

George-Allsorts :

, you need to check the top board and the power board in the circuitry... before anything else.. but, once that is done and you have found no visual faults, you then need to check the voltage going out of the top board to the bottom board as this gives instruction to the bottom board to turn on the compressor

Customer:

Thankyou - I will check as advised and get back to you - probably tomorrow now as light is a problem and daytime would be better - regards John.

George-Allsorts :

OK.. If I am not around, leave a message and I'll get back to you as soon as I can

regards George

George-Allsorts :

John, do you still require assistance with this problem or is the problem resolved?