George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

, have a Hoover VT814D21-80 VisionTechwash machine, Has

,
have a Hoover VT814D21-80 VisionTechwash machine,
Has stopped spinning after large load pushed in yesterday - also noted 1min19mins wash immediately reduces to 38 min wash - goes thru sounds of spin cycle but drum does not spin. No excess water in drum. Noticed there Is a small square magnet in drum , is this relevant, or are there other sensors/ Thx
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

Can you tell me .. does the wash tumble the clothes?

Customer:

there is no spinning at all, just the sound it would make when spins...not a tun

Customer:

not a tumble dryer, washes only

George-Allsorts :

Sorry you mis-understood.. the phrase 'tumble' means rotate... The question was, does the drum go round during the wash?

Customer:

no, no spinning at all

George-Allsorts :

Then it is likely the belt that connects the motor to the drum pulley has dislodged or broken and needs either re-placing or replacing...

This is consistent with using the overly large load you have described also...

Take the back off the machine to check this and then come back to me info.

Customer:

ok, thx - got back off, can see belt on floor of machine base, has dropped off - do I need to put back over big wheel and smaller one at bottom, and smooth or edges side against wheels?

Customer:

appear tt

Customer:

appears too tight/small to be able to fit back

George-Allsorts :

OK.. place one end onto the motor pulley, start the other end onto the pulley, but whilst holding it onto the pulley, turn the pulley and it will pull the belt into place

Customer:

ok, can see drum trying to turn , but only turns few inches then stops. also setting drops from 1min19 to 38 mins on this particular cycle. The belt -should it be smooth side against wheels or ridged side, and re motor wheel, should belt be on plastic ridged cog sticking out or closer in on plain steel?

George-Allsorts :

I will answer after my lunch

George-Allsorts :

OK.. I'm back... Thankyou

George-Allsorts :

Where is the belt currently situated

Customer:

thx. had slipped off again

George-Allsorts :

ok.. are you near to the machine now?

Customer:

yes

George-Allsorts :

get the belt, making sure the ridges are on the cog part of the motor .. put the belt on the bottom of the motor pulley..

George-Allsorts :

lift the rest of the belt towards the drum pulley

George-Allsorts :

rest it on the left side of the drum pulley so that you have taken up all the slack

George-Allsorts :

done?

George-Allsorts :

Holding the belt onto the drum pulley, turn the pulley to the right until the belt is then fully on the pulley

George-Allsorts :

Is that bit done?

Customer:

yes thx

George-Allsorts :

OK.. can you try it on a spin with nothing in the drum

Customer:

any particular setting?

George-Allsorts :

Fastest setting

Customer:

ok

Customer:

ok , put it on 1400 spin only (9 mins) and going round/spinning ok at mo

George-Allsorts :

Excellent..

George-Allsorts :

Can I ask you to now take time to assist me by clicking on the smiley faces that you can now see... This will help me as it rates my assistance with your problems and it is the only way I get credited assistance given to you.. This will not cost you any more money.

Customer:

yes of course George - thx help. Is the £27 mentioned on website the standard

Customer:

these enquiries?

George-Allsorts :

I don't know.. I don't have anything to do with fund or charges.. We just get rated by the customers.. you'll need to ask JustAnswer anything to do with charges.

Customer:

ok np - thx again help

George-Allsorts :

You're very very welcome