Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a Pfaff 1197 bought second hand years ago. I'm

I have a Pfaff 1197 bought second hand years ago. I'm not a prolific sewer so don't know much about how the machine works. Anyway the bobbin case seems to get stuck/jammed. I have slowly manually turned the big black wheel on right of machine and the silver coloured gears/around where the bobbin goes turn but only so far - in either direction But then they just will not budge. I have cleaned up as much as I can (old fluff etc) but really do not know what I am doing. Please help.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Michael :

I am sorry to hear bout that how old is your sewing machine?

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Cherry,
How old is your machine?
Also has that machine had a lot of use?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Michael

I was not in when you replied. Unfortunately the website implied that a response would be a bit quicker and I had an appointment.

The Pfaff sewing machine is at least 30 years old. It has not been used a lot - maybe two or three times a year since I bought it.

It is quite late now so I think this conversation will have to be continued after I return from work tomorrow.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Cherry,
I'm sorry delay but I'm in the US so we are on different time zones lol;-)
What this machine needs is a tune up. The best thing to do is take it to a local vacuum & sewing machine shop.
Most vacuum repair shops will do this .
Its not an expensive process, but they have specialized tools and lubes . Also they know exactly what needs to be done;-)
This machine is definitely worth the repair. I will stick with you until this is fixed, please don’t forget to rate my service to you before you close this page. I will be available to you at no additional cost , you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.
Thank you and have a great day Cherry.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Michael

Thanks . Sorry but I had no idea I would be answered by someone in US. I will take the machine to a sewing machine shop locally if I can find one.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Your very welcome, if you have trouble locating a shop I will also check on that;-)
Please rate kindly at this time and I will stick with you Cherry;-)
Tech Michael