Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Bosch DW - SGV53E23GB/82

Customer Question

- I have a Bosch DW - SGV53E23GB/82 - that won't turn off and sounds like it is trying to drain out still, even with door open. I've taken the front off the machine and inspected the circuit board signs of burnt soldering (which seemed a popular diagnosis on google....) but the green board looked pristine and no obivous signs of damage. I then found a thread about the anti flood relay having been tripped and that I needed to remove DW and tip it back to empty the water that has leaked into the bottom section.... only there isn't any water in there. Just a bit of dust. The only thing that did look a little odd was behind the salt container (when viewing from front of appliance) there was a plastic unit with a blue stopper top that seemed to be full of food waste (have a photo but can't see how to upload as part of query). Any other thoughts / things to try would be great. Thanks - R

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

If you have removed the left hand side panel then look on the left side of the appliance and there you will see a red plastic rod going down into the base of the dishwasher.
Lift this up and down a few times and make sure it isn't stuck in the up position as if it is then that will keep the flood switch activated.
So check that and see what you find and let me know.