Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Baumatic BDW45.1 Dishwasher, I have only recently

Customer Question

I have a Baumatic BDW45.1 Dishwasher, I have only recently bought my flat and the dishwasher was included. It has not worked since i moved in. The power is connected as the power light comes on when turned on. It will let me choose the washing cycle however when i close the door it beeps every couple of minutes and nothing else happens. I have take out the dishwasher and it looks fine, I have checked the filters and the connections to the water and all seems fine. I'm lost to what the problem could be. I don't want to call out an engineer only to be told i need to get a new diswasher. I hope you can help
Many Thanks
Eoin
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

When it should be working do you hear any noises from it like a humming noise?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Daniel, there is no sound off of the machine at all apart from the beeping that starts about 1 minute after closing the door and repeats every couple of minutes like the dishwasher has completed a cycle. I have just opened the sides of the dishwasher to make sure that the door is closing correctly on both sides which it is and also checked that there are no blockages in the water out pipe. I also tried turning the water in pipe on and off to make sure that this was not the problem. I hope this information helps

Many Thanks

Eoin

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Ok if the dishwasher isn't starting at all then you need to check the door switch.
Remove the outer door panel and there you will see the door switch. Check the wires on there havnt burnt or come loose. Also check when the door is closed its activating the microswitch. If you have a multi meter then you need to test the switch is switching over.
If that's fine then its possibley the control board at fault.
As the first thing it should do when you start it is the pump should run few seconds then stops.
Then it should fill with water.
So may be worth checking the pump isn't jammed up but usually if it is then you will get a humming noise from it. But worth checking just in case.
Try them and see what you find and let me know.
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Just wondering how you got on with the dishwasher as the question is still open.