George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

my refrigerator every so often keeps making a short noise as

my refrigerator every so often keeps making a short noise as if it is trying to reach temperature then immediately cuts off, I would like to know if it is working properly?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is***** you describe to me the noises that you are hearing?

JACUSTOMER-bradmhhj- :

it is like the switch on the wall is being continually switched on and off again

George-Allsorts :

Hello again, why did you rate me bad service before I even have your response to my question?

JACUSTOMER-bradmhhj- :

apologies, I am new to this site, clicking things by mistake

George-Allsorts :

If you are going to click the smiley faces you are leaving me a rating... Under 3 faces leaves me with a poor or bad rating...

George-Allsorts :

Now back to your question

George-Allsorts :

I understand the clicking... can I ask you where about on the appliance the clicking is coming from...

JACUSTOMER-bradmhhj- :

it sounds like it is coming from inside the fridge

George-Allsorts :

Is the fridge getting cool?

Customer:

yes it is cool

George-Allsorts :

What is the model of your fridge... it should be on a label inside the fridge

Customer:

the label has been pulled off, the make if the fridge is BEKO

George-Allsorts :

OK.. I was going to have a look at the diagrams, but would need the model number to do that..

Can you tell me ... does this have a thermostat wheel on the inside of the fridge or does it have an adjustment above the door on the outside of the fridge

Customer:

the wheel is inside the fridge

George-Allsorts :

I would imagine that this is where the clicking is coming from....

Do you have a thermometer?

Customer:

I'm afraid I don't, no

George-Allsorts :

I was just going to give you a further bit of assurance by getting you to test the temperature of some water from the fridge.

George-Allsorts :

The Thermostat wheel has a mechanical thermostat behind it.. this will click on and off as it needs to in order to regulate the internal temperature... When it does so, you will hear the motor of the appliance start and stop respectively..

Your appliance is working correctly

Customer:

ok, thank you for the reassurance, you have been most helpful

George-Allsorts :

You are very welcome

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.