canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

Have been trying to remove my shelf runners to clean, but they

Have been trying to remove my shelf runners to clean, but they appear to be riveted on. How would I remove the shelf runners?
Many thanks!
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 2 years ago.
canuck the pro :

, my name is ***** ***** I have been in the home improvement and repair field years. I will be very glad to help you today. Are you removing runners that hold up a cabinet?

Customer:

No - they are the shelf runners inside my Stoves cooker. The instruction booklet says they can just be pulled out , but there appears to be some kind of rivet holding them in their hanging holes.

canuck the pro :

I do not believe the manual is referencing the shelf anchors as being removable. They would only be referencing the shelves themselves.

canuck the pro :

The shelf holders are permanently installed.

Customer:

The instructions on cleaning the shelf runners are 'Shelf runners can be removed to enable you to clean them thoroughly. Make sure they are cool to touch and then grasp the runners and slide out of their hanging holes.' Not happening.

canuck the pro :

May I ask the model number of this oven?

Customer: ###-##-####/p>
canuck the pro :

Yes the shelf runners are integral and not removable. It seems the manual wording is quite poor. The reference in the manual is meant to direct how to remove the shelf rack.