Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Since I bought a hotpoint freezer 18months ago I have never

Customer Question

Since I bought a hotpoint freezer 18months ago I have never got the temperature internally past -10 degrees therefore even the ice cream always has the consistency of double cream. When I contacted Hotpoint about it after just one month since my purchase they were not very helpful and I insisted on someone coming out to look at it. Unfortunately I was going out of the country for a number of weeks and they could not send anyone out. I then bought a small freezer to take the most valueable frozen goods while I was away. I notice that. as a frost free freezer there is a catchment at the back which has never had water in it. Could it be the thermostat? Every so often the freezer goes clonk. The freezer is a hotpoint future frost free FZFM151
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I am sorry to hear that.
This could be the thermostat but it could also be something else.
To be sure, you will need to defrost the unit for 24 hours with the doors open. Then clean up any standing water if any.
Next you need to remove the back inside wall to expose the cooling coils. Then you will run the unit for a couple of hours looking to see if all the cooling tube cools and frost evenly.
That will tell us a lot about whats wrong.
I will help you when you are ready;-)
I will stick with you until this is fixed, please don’t forget to rate my service to you before you close this page. I will be available to you at no additional cost , you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.
Thank you and have a great day.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for your reply and the option to find the fault is okay, but I do not have the time or the facility to store the contents of the freezer. Thank you for your help but I am going to think again on what to do next.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi if you need me further let me know, no additional cost;-)
Tech Mike
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
s