Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a Bosch Exxcel washing machine approx 2 years old.

Customer Question

I have a Bosch Exxcel washing machine approx 2 years old. Over the last few weeks the machine has been leaving brown marks noticeably on whites after the wash. The marks almost look like dried blood marks dotted over the clothes. I have put the machine through on 3 90 degree washes & also a cleaner. This has helped but there are still marks on some new bedding I have just washed.
Any ideas what this could be? Also have checked the filter & back of the machine to check the pipes
Thanks sue
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry to hear that.
This is likely rust, Since its a front loader, have you checked the seal around the door? I know those can degrade a lot, and trap water in them. I would suggest using powdered detergent suggest it doesn't leave the residue liquids can. Sometimes this is caused by the liquid;-)
Please let me know if you see any rust around the door area.
I will stick with you until this is fixed, please don’t forget to rate my service to you before you close this page. I will be available to you at no additional cost , you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.
Thank you and have a great day !
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Mike,
I should have mentioned that I have cleaned round the seal with a Q tip & it was clean. I also use powder detergent.
We had a problem with collar stiffness getting caught in the filter. Is it possible nth at 1 has lodged further along the pipe & collecting organic matter?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Sue,
This could also be a bad bearing seal leaking out some grease. Please explain exactly the size and pattern of the dark spots you are seeing.
Thank you patience Sue.
Tech Mike
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The marks look like darkish brown streaks
Approx 5 mm long. They can range from a few on an item of clothing to 10 or more on an item. It is always on white items of clothing/ bedding.
We had the bearings replaced on the machine in June last year,
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Sue, ok, it sounds like the bearings they used have failed seals. That would cause exactly what you describe. I would contact the place you used as they may be aware of a bearing issue,or you may have simply got a bad one.
Thank you and have a great day Sue.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It was a Bosch service engineer who replaced the bearings & I will need to call them out to sort this out. I know they will charge me a call out charge so how would I be able to prove the bearings have failed seals?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Sue, the only way to prove that is when they are fixing this, if they replace the bearings and no more stains you will know;-)