Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697
Appliance

Two of the rings on the Induction hob will not work and are

Two of the rings on... Show More
Two of the rings on the Induction hob will not work and are flashing 0and S. These are the two on the right This is not in the manual. The other two are working?
Show Less
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
replied 2 years ago.
Can you post the model number please.
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

CERAN SCHOTT ********** /span>

Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago.
Ceran Schott is just the supplier of the glass top. I need to model number please. If its a Neff it will start E-nr
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

WHERE ON THE HOB CAN I FIND THIS

Its usually in the instruction book but if not then im afraid its on a sticker on the underside of the hob.
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

I HAVE NO INDICATION ON ANY PAPERWORK AS TO THE MODEL NUMBER AND THE HOB IS SEALED TO THE GRANITE WORK SURFACE.

Ok is it only flashing O S or is there an F? code coming up?
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

THE 0 IS FLASHING ALTERNATING WITH S BUT THERE IS A LINE IN THE S WHICH MAKES IT INTO A 9 BUT IN REVERSE BUT NO F

Ok no worries. With induction hobs all that's in there is the mains connection, 4 magnetic plates and 2 power boards.
As you have one side working then that power board will be fine.
Its either a burnt wiring connection block or the power board for the faulty side as that's all that fails on these. Ive never had to replace one of the magnetic plates before as they never fail. So as its only one side that's playing up its more then likely the main power board for it.
But what you can try first if your looking at fixing this yourself is remove the hob from the work top and turn it over.
There you will see the mains connection box were the power cable goes to. Open this up and see if theres signs of it burning in there. If so then you need to replace the connection box.
But if that's all ok you need to remove the top glass panel and there you can access the power boards and replace the faulty side and that will cure the fault here.
If you need anymore info just get back to me.
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

I have lifted the hob and the model number is *****

I am not confident enough to repair it .Who can you recommend ?

Ok for a repair the cheaper opition is to get a fixed price repair from British Gas as they do an all in fixed fee for about £125. This will be a lot cheaper then anyone else as parts for these are very expensive
Other then that if you ring neff up they will sell you a policy for 12 months with the repair and this is about £170 and this is paid monthly as well as its done through domestic and General so them 2 are you better opinions as a local company will either write it off and it will cost a lot to fix.
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your help

No worries your very welcome.
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

Since my reply I have had a Neff engineer call and was told that it would cost £321 to repair half the hob and £379 to replace. This cost £100.or£50 If I replaced the hob?