KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

Bosch excel 7 vario perfect w/m (approx. 3-4 years old) - my

Customer Question

Bosch excel 7 vario perfect w/m (approx. 3-4 years old) - my machine has stopped performing a fast spin within any spin cycles, otherwise working ok, what could be the problem is it cheaper to buy a new machine?
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Hi, welcome to Just answer

Customer:

Please tell me its complete model number

JACUSTOMER-6p5zh8bj- :

WAQ28460GB

Customer:

Thanks for that....do you hear any different kind of noises while it is spinning ?

JACUSTOMER-6p5zh8bj- :

During the spin cycle I think it try's to go to fast spin by the slight change in the noise (nothing significant) and nothing untoward

Customer:

OK, the problem is with the brushes that need replacement

Customer:

new ones will cost around £26 and you can buy them from here

Customer:

If you are willing to replace them yourself then please check this Video , it will give you an idea on how to replace them

JACUSTOMER-6p5zh8bj- :

Thanks Kevin - Is this a simple task? i.e. access to part, specialist tools etc?

JACUSTOMER-6p5zh8bj- :

Sorry I was too impatient...

Customer:

Sorry I was fast :)

Customer:

You can get back to me if you need any assistance and I will help with no additional charges.....Is there anything else I can assist you with today ?

JACUSTOMER-6p5zh8bj- :

No, thanks Kevin, I was just watching the link you sent, I will give that a go, regards John.

Customer:

You're welcome John....Excellent feedback is appreciated if you are satisfied with my assistance....Have a Good Day

KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Kevin,

FYI changing out the brushes hasn't fixed the problem the m/c still doesn't get up to full spin i.e. 1400 rpm which means the washing is wetter than it used to be when the cycle is completed.

Regards,

John
OK, have you already checked the Drain pump and was the working fine.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Not Physically, but I can hear it draining and see it at the external drain, but I will check again.

OK please check and let me know... Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Checked all weekend and the m/c is draining ok.

OK, if it drains fine then take the top off and check the pressure switch located towards the right...clean the thin hose attached to it and blow through it to make sure it is fine...if this hose is blocked the control wont receive a signal from the pressure system and so wont perform fast spin... please let me know how it goes.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Kevin,

Not had chance to try this yet, its a task to get the m/c out esp with kids running around.

John