Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

My Bosch TDA5070GB/01 Iron does not heat up. The pilot light

My Bosch TDA5070GB/01 Iron does not heat up. The pilot light is lit. I have tried moving the iron to re-set the safety switch, but this makes no difference. There is no issue with the socket or fuse. Any ideas what is wrong?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

The baseplate including the heating element comes as a complete unit at about £72, the only other thing is the regulator which may be faulty, to be sure which is faulty you will have to take the steam iron apart and check out the continuity across the element and check that power is getting to the element via the regulator. It might in the long run be cheaper to buy another iron. Would you kindly rate the information I have given to You by using the smiley faces below this will allow you to ask any further question on a free of charge basis ~ Ian

Customer:

I already understood that as I am an electrical engineer. What I really wanted to know was how to get into these areas of the iron.

Dales-Electronic :

OK you didn't make that clear, give me a moment and I will send you a link to the parts diagram which will show you how to get in to the iron ~~

Dales-Electronic :

Herewith as mentioned the ispl for you model which will allow you to see its breakdown and spares available ~ kindly now rate my service using the smiley faces below, once this is done you can ask further questions on a foc basis. Ian

Dales-Electronic :

~~ http://www.bosch-home.co.uk/store/spareparts/search ~~ just put the model number in and it will take you to the respective page.

Customer:

That's fine thanks