George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Stoves EF600 under unit electric oven - the auto light is on

Customer Question

Stoves EF600 under unit electric oven - the auto light is on and cannot seem to change it so the oven does not want to work - have tried pushing in left hand button on control panel but nothing seems to happen - any ideas? Many thanks, Jeremy
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello Jeremy, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

Can you tell me if your clock is a 3, 4, 5, or 6 button clock?

George-Allsorts :

also, can you give me the model number from the label at the base of the oven

JACUSTOMER-250lgvh4- :

Hi George - 6 button clock - model number 05 90 404 32 hope that it helps, Jeremy

George-Allsorts :

Thanks Jeremy, I'll need to go check on that model.. I'll message you on return

George-Allsorts :

Hi Jeremy, are you near to the oven now?

George-Allsorts :

Let me know when you are available and I shall give you the necessary information

JACUSTOMER-250lgvh4- :

Hi George - I am back in the office - the oven is ion one of my cottages across the yard - I still have the instruction book and have spoken to Stoves - they say push in the two buttons next to the bell button and hold in and the Auto light should go out - it doesn't and the cookpot symbol doesn't come on.........so oven stays inactive! br, Jeremy

George-Allsorts :

There are two versions..

Version 1. Push both of the first two buttons and then the up / down to adjust the time and the clock should unlock itself

Version 2. Press and HOLD simultaneously the two buttons to the right of the BELL button and adjust the time to the correct time, once the time locks itself after 5 secs, the oven should then come out of AUTO .. If it doesn't, then press the manual button that looks like a hand or a pan with steam coming from it

JACUSTOMER-250lgvh4- :

Hi George - thanks for this - tried both options but nothing changes - still got 'Auto' shining brightly! Bloody nuisance as I suspect little fingers are to blame - we had an overactive 2 year old in there with his family - when they had left, I found left hand button missing and the oven left in its present state - it is frustrating but may have to buy a new oven! - I have a spare oven, I wonder if it is difficult to change over the programmer/clock bit? br,Jeremy

It is not difficult if you know what you are doing... if you get a clock then it normally costs aroung £45 for an engineer to come change it for you