Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have just acquired an old hotpoint "first edition" front

I have just acquired an old hotpoint "first edition" front loading chest freezer. I'm fast freezing it with the orange switch but do not know how to run it normally with the H/E switch. On H or E ?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Can you give me its full model number please ~ Ian

Customer:

I'm afraid I cannot find a model or serial number anywhere. All I can tell you is it's called "First Edition" and the only switches are H and E ( H/E ) on the top switch and the orange 'fast freeze' switch below it.

Dales-Electronic :

OK is the switch you refer to just next to the thermostat knob?

Customer:

There is no thermostat

Customer:

Sorry for the delay in answering but been watching L'pool V Chelsea !!

Customer:

I just don't know what the H stands for. I know the E is economy.

Dales-Electronic :

OK let me have a look for you and see what I can find, the first edition is just a range rather than a model number which should be behind one of the baskets. Leave it with me and I'll come back to you tomorrow

Customer:

Hurrah. I've found it - hidden on the under edge of the top above the door.

Customer:

Model No.RZOOP. No.21101611. R134a

Dales-Electronic :

OK let me dig out the manual and I'll be right back

Dales-Electronic :

OK can you confirm that there is a small box on the back located within the compressor area and screwed to the side?

Customer:

Yes,there is a small metal box with a kind of knob sticking out of the middle. Any idea how old this freezer is.

Dales-Electronic :

Well I would guess likely 7-10 years old, we haven't used Refrigerant 134a for at least 7 years. Regarding the H & E, these indicate heater on or economy heater off. There is a heater built in to the cabinet that stops all the cold escaping when you open the lid, this should be used during the summer (H on) , during the winter you should be OK with it on Economy. (heater off) Hope that explains things ~ would you kindly rate my service using the smiley faces below, once done you can ask further questions free of charge. Regards ~ Ian

Customer:

Thanks for that info. All is now clear !