George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

we have moved into an apartment with a built in Neff fridge

we have moved into an apartment with a built in Neff fridge freezer. After defrosting the freezer to clean it, it does not get cold. The motor runs and sounds fine. Freezer stays on 0 Celsius according to the dial in the door. The fridge does not get cold at all. I removed the unit from the cupboard and all looks fine at the back.
K8525X3GB/01
Appreciate your help.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

How long did you allow it to try to cool?

Customer:

we have left it switched on afterwards, no improvement

Customer:

door seals all looks good and closes well

Customer:

Gearge, I am being called away from the computer, I'll have to try and get back to youi later.

Customer:

Thanks, Roel

George-Allsorts :

Ok thanks me know this...

Can you go to the rear of the appliance where there is a large radiator type part on the rear

George-Allsorts :

OK

Customer:

yes, I have moved it out of the cupboard and can get to the radiator

George-Allsorts :

Can you tell me if it is warm or cold

Customer:

Ok, I m at work currently. Will do that late pm today and get back to you.

Customer:

many thanks

George-Allsorts :

OK.. chat later

George-Allsorts :

, did you check the condenser (grill) at the rear of your fridge freezer yet?

Customer:

Gearge, I have had the fridge runing while tonight. The condenser/grill at the rear stays normal, cold

George-Allsorts :

, the fact that the condenser is cold is not normal... This indicates that you either have a system fault or you need to top up the system with refrigerant...

Can you tell me if the motor is running all the time whilst it is switched on?.. and how hot does the motor get

Customer:

Gearge, the motor runns all the time, sounds very normal. We are not currently living in the apartment, hence me giving you answers on and off. Will be there again tomorrow.

Customer:

Will feel how hot the motor get. If the coolant leaked while we defrosted it ( we just turned the power of), is that something that is easy to refill? Should I see the leak?

Customer:

Thanks help

George-Allsorts :

The appliance would have been frosted over prior to defrosting as the motor was working all the time and was already almost down to temperature... because it couldn't reach the temperature due to being short on refrigerant the motor continues to run.

The appliance will need to be refilled with refrigerant.. Hopefully the compressor has not been damaged.

You will need an appliance engineer that deals with refrigeration regassing to fix the problem

George-Allsorts :

Would you like a few numbers of appliance technicians who deal with refrigeration problems?

Customer:

George, had a look today with a builder friend. He agrees with you, the gas must be gone. Had a look at the backend, there is no refill valve , the pipe has been nipped up. I am in Norwich, Norfolk, will call some engineers and se if they can help. If not, I guess it is a new fridge then.

Customer:

Thanks help

Customer:

Can Neff fridges be regassed?

George-Allsorts :

All fridges can be re-gassed

George-Allsorts :

Try Carey's.. They are in Norwich I think

George-Allsorts :

Can I ask you to now take time to assist me by clicking on the smiley faces that you can now see... This will help me as it rates my assistance with your problems and it is the only way I get credited assistance given to you.. This will not cost you any more money.

Customer:

Will do, thanks George

Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair