Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Re - Zanussi washer dryer WJS 1265 W I'm wanting to deactivate

Customer Question

Re - Zanussi washer dryer WJS 1265 W
I'm wanting to deactivate the acoustic signal at the end of the wash/dry cycle as I find the continuous beeping very annoying!
I can see in the manual that you press the 'Temperature' and 'Spin Speed' buttons together, but this hasn't worked... I'm not sure how long to hold in for, the manual doesn't say? Also, when is the pressing of the buttons to be done, ie when you turn the machine on, the manual doesn't say?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Would you kindly let me have the product code or pnc model please ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-i09z85w4- :

,

JACUSTOMER-i09z85w4- :

The PNC is ********* Thanks

Dales-Electronic :

Sorry could you let me have that again but put a # ***** front of it ie #1234 etc. The computer thinks you are trying to send me a phone number and has blocked the pnc out. Many thanks ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-i09z85w4- :

#914602005 No probs, thanks

Dales-Electronic :

Have you got four option buttons together with the on/off button as there are two different versions of this model?

JACUSTOMER-i09z85w4- :

The machine's buttons from left to right are - Fabrics, Temperature, Spin Speed, Options

Dales-Electronic :

OK here is the instruction with power on ~ http://ww2.justanswer.co.uk/uploads/SE/secondhandheaven/2015-01-21_211728_capture.jpg ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-i09z85w4- :

Ok, thanks, ***** ***** the Temperature and Options buttons then as I've already tried the Temperature and Spin Speed buttons (per the manual I have). Do you know when I should press these buttons, ie at the start or end of the wash? Also, do you know how long to hold the buttons in for? I'm doing a wash tomorrow and will see how I go and I'll let you know.

Dales-Electronic :

OK that's fine look forward to your message ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-i09z85w4- :

Ian, I have since done some washing, but the beeping is still happening. I have tried the Temperature and Options buttons and also the Temperature and Spin Speed buttons. I've tried holding these done seconds (not sure if that is right) and also tried it at the start of the wash cycle (not sure if that is right). I'm not sure what else to try... Thanks

Dales-Electronic :

OK can you leave it with me and I will contact my friend at Zanussi on Monday and get the answer , as you stated at the start the instructions are not clear and certainly even the service manual gives little further advice ~ I wont forget you, will come back to you Monday afternoon, evening ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-i09z85w4- :

Thankyou Ian , speak to you later

Dales-Electronic :

I will be here sorry to disappear yesterday, my son decided to crash his car nobody hurt other than a very bashed in car front and a paint smeared bollard. The quote of the day was 'I didn't see it' my response 'I guess my bank balance will' Children who'd have them !!

JACUSTOMER-i09z85w4- :

oh dear, that's not good, glad to hear your son is ok, I'll await to hear from you

Dales-Electronic :

Will check in a moment and get back to you ~ Ian