KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

My Bosch washing machine is stuck after a wash at 1 minute

My Bosch washing machine is stuck after a wash at 1 minute and wont finish. Even if i turn the machine off the door wont open. Help??
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.
KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

Please tell me its complete model number and how old is it ?

Customer:

Exxcel 1200 Express maybe 3 or 4 years old?

KevinWhiteJA :

OK, the model number is ***** on the door and starts with E NR

Customer:

is it inside the door? if so then I have a problem as it wont unlock which is the problem...

Customer:

Basically at the end of the programme it does one small beep which it doesn't normally do then gets stuck

KevinWhiteJA :

OK, and you have already tried to clean the drain pump filter located inside the front bottom panel ?

Customer:

no. If that may help I will give it a go...

Customer:

But it wasn't flashing an error code or anything and doesn't sound like its got stuff stuck in it??

KevinWhiteJA :

please unplug the washer and clean the filter completely, also make sure that nothing is jamming the drain pump there

Customer:

Ok this will take a few minutes though while I drain any excess water away and so on Is that ok with you?

KevinWhiteJA :

sure no problem... please let me know how it goes

Customer:

Sorry about that had a power cut

Customer:

cleaned out the filter and so on. Nothing really in there.

KevinWhiteJA :

ok no problem

Customer:

tried to run a spin wash again and its now just making a noise..

Customer:

ie not spinning

KevinWhiteJA :

ok what kind of noise and where is that coming from ?

KevinWhiteJA :

and you can see that the water is still in the washer ?

Customer:

like a deep buzzing whirring noise I think from the back of the machine

Customer:

pretty sure theres no water in there as I drained the pump

KevinWhiteJA :

and the door is still locked ?

Customer:

yes afraid so!

Customer:

a pain as it has all my pants and socks in it!!

KevinWhiteJA :

I believe still something is stuck in there...you can leave the washer unplugged for 15-30 mins and the door will open if the water has drained out...also pull the washer out remove the rear panel off and check the drain hose connecting to the drain pump...make sure nothing is blocked in there causing that whirring noise...after this if the problem is still there then check to make sure the motor is working fine...as I do not have the model number these are likely problems based on whatever you have described

Customer:

Thanks Kevin

KevinWhiteJA :

Please let me know how it goes...If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service ....Thanks

KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Worked on appliances for more than 15 years