Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

drum not turning , pumps working , F18 error code flashing

drum not turning , pumps working , F18 error code flashing after trying to do cycle.
washing machine 9kg load hardly used 2yrs old
F18 =communication error , i ve tried changing mother board , all connectiond are good
What is it? its driving me crazy , i bought it new and only used it about 5 times,
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Could you give me the Manufacturer and Model No please

Customer:

Indesit IWE91481

Dales-Electronic :

OK when you changed the main pcb where did you get it from and was it pre~programmed?

Customer:

I got it from another washer that had recently bust its main bearing, same model . A friend just happened to have the same machine

Customer:

same age also

Dales-Electronic :

What was the original fault?

Customer:

in my machine ? drum not turning

Dales-Electronic :

OK can you turn it by hand, and when you changed the main pcb from your friends machine did you change the facia board and the interconnecting cable too?

Customer:

F18 error code all lights flashing , i ve actually put the original pcb back in now. the circuit board attached to the main dial on the top front of machine

Customer:

i only changed the circuit board

Customer:

the led bit too

Customer:

yes it turns by hand

Dales-Electronic :

What about the one down the back, have you cang

Dales-Electronic :

changed that one, this one controls the power to the motor

Dales-Electronic :

If you want to look at it this way, the facia board is just the low voltage control panel, the board at the back is the high voltage board that controls via relays the motor heater and valve assemblies. In this instance since you have a mate with working boards I would nick both boards (knowing they are good?) and then try it with these

Customer:

ah hah , unfortunately him and that machine is miles away now . i see the high voltage one now , hopefully i can get him to get his one off and get it to me

Customer:

the wire from the facia feeds into the main loom , is it more likely to be the high voltage board ? the machine was stored in a damp / wet garage for 6 months , it doesnt look like the cricuit boards got wet

Dales-Electronic :

OK this bit is very important, the model MUST be exactly the same down to every digit, every different model has a slight software difference dependent on load size, spin speed, number of valves, features etc if it is not exactly the same it will not work ~ Ian

Dales-Electronic :

Either the power board or the motor both are prone to damp problems ~ Ian

Customer:

is there a way of fixing my one?

Dales-Electronic :

I can give you a company that will carry out a fixed price repair, you could send them both boards in and they will rectify the one that's faulty and return them to you fixed with a warranty

Customer:

that would be handy, im going to get in touch with my mate up the road in scotland about that power board , see if he can send it down.

Customer:

the models are so close but not identical , i noticed the facia board looks the same but had 1 number differance

Dales-Electronic :

OK well the company that can do the work for you is ~ www.emwelec.co.uk ~ they are very good we use them as do many of my friends in this industry. Would you now kindly rate my service using the smiley faces below, this allows me to close down the request on the system but at the same time give you free of charge access if you have further questions. Take care ~ Ian

Customer:

thanks Ian, you re a star

Experience: I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.