Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

any chance of there being a video on how to replace the rubber

any chance of there being a video on how to replace the rubber door seal on a beko wbm71442w?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

I doubt it but I can talk you through it when you have the time ~ Ian

Customer:

hi

Customer:

I have time now

Dales-Electronic :

OK you will need a couple of flat screwdrivers, a cross headed and perhaps a 20 torx to hand before we start ping when ready to go

Customer:

ive got the panel off an all

Dales-Electronic :

Front panel?

Customer:

yea

Dales-Electronic :

OK have you taken the front retaining band off? That's the wire that holds the outer seal to the front panel?

Customer:

yea I have

Dales-Electronic :

OK hook the blade of one of the flat screwdrivers around the spring retainer that holds the seal to the tub front and lever the spring off.

Customer:

ok

Customer:

that's seal out

Dales-Electronic :

now note how the seal actually fits onto the front of the drum and refit the new one carefully noting that there is a drain hole at the bottom centre of the seal that must match up with the hole in the tub front ~ once you have this lined up, work from the bottom to the top refitting the seal to the tub ~

Customer:

do I put the seal on first without putting back spring on

Customer:

the one aroung the tub

Dales-Electronic :

yes get the seal on first making sure that it is correctly seated on the tub front. Once you are happy with this come back to me ~

Customer:

ok bak in 5mins

Customer:

that's the seal on

Dales-Electronic :

No worries I'll go grab a tea

Dales-Electronic :

Ok this is where you can do with a spare set of hands ~ have you got someone who can help here?

Customer:

nope lol just me

Dales-Electronic :

OK take the spring retainer and starting at the bottom bit by bit stretch it around the seal in the grove at the back of the seal, you will probably find that the seal comes off a couple of times ~ just refit the seal and start again until you have the spring around the back. If you have a short fuse get help its very frustrating ~~

Customer:

ok back n a few

Customer:

I have that done but it feels rather slack

Dales-Electronic :

are you sure that you have got the seal on correctly it is usually a really tight fit with this spring band

Customer:

I think so

Customer:

but I can jus pull the whole seal out with spring on

Customer:

should I be abe to see spring if I press the seal back gently

Dales-Electronic :

Ok just clarify, when you pull the seal forward are you saying that the rear of the seal comes off the tub ?? Secondly what is the part number of the new seal that you got ?

Customer:

yea that's it

Dales-Electronic :

OK give me the part number of the new seal?

Customer:

I had to take it ff cuz the mould grew on it

Customer:

jus using same seal

Customer:

will I take a pic an send you

Dales-Electronic :

Pic wont help I need you to send me the part number of the new seal so that I can see if you have got the correct one

Customer:

im using the same seal

Dales-Electronic :

OK well you have to start again and get it correctly fitted to the drum front, if you have it correctly fitted it wont feel lose, remember it fits both on the inside of the drum lip and also around the outside of the lip in a U form with the drum front inside the U

Customer:

ok ill be back in a min

Customer:

yes that's it I did have it around the drum right

Customer:

goin to put rear spring in now

Customer:

got it sorted thankyou

Dales-Electronic :

OK can you now rate my help to you by using the smiley faces below, this allow me to shut the job down ~ many thanks, ***** ***** need more help ping me back ~ Ian