Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My hot point Aquarius is noisy is there something I should

My hot point Aquarius is noisy is there something I should do
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Can you post the model number please.
Also if you turn the drum by hand is it noisy?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm not at the house where washer is at present
It's not noisy during wash it gets very noisy when spin cycle commences and I do not overload
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Are you still there
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Ok when you get a noisy fault when its spinning its usually either down to the drum bearings or a loose concrete weight.
What you need to do when you are checking it out is remove the top and there you will see the top weight. Check the bolts on there are tight.
If so the lean the washer backwards and open the door and remove the clamp around the door seal and unlip it and there you will see the front weight. Check them bolts are all tight as well.
If the bolts are tight then just check the washer is level as in you cannot rock it side to side.
If all that's fine then the drum bearings will be the fault. As to fixing them then it depends on the model. The older models you can remove the drum and split them and replace the bearings. But the new models are now using molded drums were you cannot replace the bearings. All you can do is replace the complete drum which will be very expensive on this.
So check the concrete weights and see if they are loose and check its level and if that's all ok then its possibley the drum bearings at fault.
If you need anymore info just get back to me.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I will try those suggestions on Friday as that's the first chance I will have to try out your advice
Many thanks I hope it's the weights
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
No worries that's fine.