Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a Whirlpool ADG 7560/1 dishwasher, stopped working a

Customer Question

I have a Whirlpool ADG 7560/1 dishwasher, stopped working a few weeks ago, did an 'engineers test' and it was giving an F5 fault code, which according to the error codes was the Recirculation Motor. Got a new one, fitted it tonight and machine will not do any cycle and beeps constantly, showing an F16 fault code - what is this!?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Dales-Electronic :

~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting to you queries

Customer :

Ian, I am being very patient, I was hoping to have another look at the dishwasher tonight???

Dales-Electronic :

Sorry I have been without broadband couple of hours, can you advise other than the error code at the start of this why you changed the circulating pump, did you have a humming noise and no water passing thro the spray bars?

Customer :

, sorry but your lack of 'online presence' does not fill me with any confidence of getting anywhere quickly with this one - I hat put tonight aside in the hope of having some answers and trying some fixes to get this dishwasher going.

Customer :

I would like to put this out to another 'expert' where hopefully I will get somebody to help. Please can you put my question back in the forum 'expert' to answer.

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
I am Tech Michael, I am sorry to hear that.
Please be patient as these are technical issues and I want to guide you the best way possible to save you money and time;-)
Please remember these are technical issues and may require some back and forth conversation to sort this out.
F5 in simple terms means that water isn't circulating correctly. It could be blocked spray arms or a faulty circulation pump.
Please make sure you have the pump wired correctly. Its a very good possibility that the pump they sent you is also defective, this happened more than you would think;-)
I will stick with you until this is fixed, please don’t forget to rate my service to you before you close this page. I will be available to you at no additional cost , you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.
Thank you and have a great day.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Michael, thanks reply, spray arms are clear, problem initially started with washer not working on any cycle that was tried. Wash would be selected, door shut, but would not start, the drain pump would kick in short burst then the washer would give the usual series of beeps that indicate that the wash cycle was complete. On whatever cycle was selected it was like it was going straight to the end to do a quick drain and beeps to finish. Did the engineers test, got an F5 flash code, quick look online told me the circulation pump was faulty. Got a brand new one from Amazon, identical to the one that came off, fitted it, but still wont do anything, start light flashing 16 times, if I shut the door the washer beeps constantly.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Further to last nights reply, I had another look at the washer earlier, and I have to hold my hand up to a schoolboy error - I wired the pump up incorrectly! The wiring block pump was quite long so was tucked out of the way so it would not be hanging down when I slid the machine back in under the units out of the way (it was just after Christmas it failed and I only got the pump this week), I had left the faulty pump off at this stage as no point in putting it back on. Anyhow, by the time I went to put it all back together, the only visible wiring blocks were the earths and the what I thought was the pump, but I now know to have been the block heater! So the block heater was connected to the pump, seemed to fit no worries so never though anything of it, and the correct one was tucked out of the way so never noticed!

I have corrected this foolish mistake, but it still does not work and is behaving the exact same way as last nights post - wont do any cycle, giving 16 flashes and beeping constantly.

I have found another site with whirlpool fault codes, this one tells me an F16 is the control panel - have I zapped the control panel by having the pump wired incorrectly?? Surely there would be no power to the heating element in the very early stage of a cycle as it does a cold rinse first?

I think it more likely that the pcb was damaged when the heater failed, this appliance does a self test on start up which includes pushing some power across the heater and motor. I think it unlikely that the pump did it. If you can get numbers of stickers or pcb numbering I may be able to get a company that refurbishes the board and gives a guarantee. Ping me back on her with the details and I'll see what I can do ~ Ian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Cheers, ***** ***** I had the heater block connected to the pump (still embarrassed about that!), would that self test putting power across have damaged the new pump?

There was a couple stickers on the casing of the control panel which I took photos of before I put it back together, various numbers on both;

CB:461972750961

FAS(###) ###-####/p>

851175715839

AC 220-240V/50Hz

Type 30410572

UCB-IC-RED-FD

SW: Fvt_1_05+B6

461972750961

OK if you can make up a flying lead with a plug on the end you can connect up the pump directly to the power and see if it runs. That will confirm the pump operation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok, but wont get round to trying that till tomorrow some time - if the pump is ok, do you think it will be the pcb that is shot, I have found a complete control panel for £43 on buyspares.

Well you have replaced the circulating pump, the heater and tomorrow you will test out the pump, the only things left are the dispenser and pcb. Very rare dispenser to fail much more common pcb to go
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

, sorry lack of contact, I had to go away but should be back home next week and on the above.

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
I really feel .
When the main board fails it will sometimes throw out all different codes so thats a pretty good indication the main control board is bad.
Its easy to change out no soldering either lol ;-)
I will help you all the way through this.
The best place to get the replacement board is Espares, they also ship the same day you call in most cases;-)
Please contact them part:
Sales/Parts
0844 9777 888
After sales
0333 4007 888
Monday to Thursday 8am to 7pm, Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 4pm, or 10am to 4pm on Bank Holidays
and training purposes, telephone calls may be recorded or monitored.
Outside the UK? Call us
Thank you and have a great day!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

So could it have been the control board at fault from the start and not the pump? I will be testing the old pump also when I get home! If so it sounds like I might be as well ordering a new one just now?

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
yes you are correct ;-)
Its the main board that is at fault, I have seen this so many times loll.
I will stick with you until your dishwasher is working as it should .
Please rate kindly at this time;-)
Thank you and have a great day, no further charges will apply.
Tech Michael