Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

My Dimplex Electric Horton HTN20 MK11 Living flame has stopped

Customer Question

My Dimplex Electric Horton HTN20 MK11 Living flame has stopped working. It still lights up but there is no flame effect. Can you advise me of the necessary part and how it is fitted. I do have experience with electricity as a telephone engineer but obviously not with electric fires.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
I am Tech Michael, I am sorry to hear that.
Please be patient as these are technical issues and I want to guide you the best way possible to save you money and time;-)
Please remember these are technical issues and may require some back and forth conversation to sort this out.
Have you checked the pump or replaced the nozzle as of yet?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Not sure what you mean. This is an electric fire, I'm mot aware that there is a pump in it. Can you kindly explain?

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Harry,
my error the model # ***** up as two products Dimplex sells.
How old is your electric fire
Tech Mike
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks . It's 4 years old

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Your welcome Harry,
will the fan run or any other parts?
Also did this fail while running or just wouldn't turn on the flame one day?
Thank you patience.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Everything is working, the bulbs light, fire heats up, etc. The only thing that does not work is the living flame effect. We first noticed it when we turned it on.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Harry,
So the fan does run?
Its an important thing we need to know;-)
Tech Mike
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Are you still here?
Tech Mike
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The fan appears to be working

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Harry, do you have some tools to disassemble the unit a bit?
Also a meter will be needed. We need to determine if there is low voltage or a failed part not sending power to the unit that powers the flame effect. I will help you until we can be sure what part you need;-)
Tech Mike
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I do have a testing meter and the necessary tools. It will probably be weekend though before I can get round to testing but thanks help.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thats Ok Harry, I will be here then, we will go over the system to see what part has failed and needs to be replaced. Also I will let you know the best place to get that part.
I will stick with you until this is fixed, please don’t forget to rate my service to you before you close this page. I will be available to you at no additional cost , you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.
Thank you and have a great day Harry.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Mike

Further to your help last week. I did test and cleaned and tightened the various parts and surprise, surprise, it worked when i put it back together.

Thanks help, we were practically becoming pen pals!

Regards Harry

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thats great Harry, a lot of the time because the unit can draw a bit of current the connections become loose and corroded so tightening them can fox this;-)
Let me know if you need me further;-)
Tech Michael