George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have an Ikea bought built in 3 drawer freezer which they

I have an Ikea bought built in 3 drawer freezer which they have told me is a Whirlpool.
I defrosted it the other day and as I turned the dial to zero the turning switch came away in my hands. It was only tiny (Not a very good switch I have to say!) I now can't turn the freezer back as switch not working. Help! It is no longer under warranty either. I inherited this freezer through a house move and have no other details so any help would be much appreciated!
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

, my name is***** be patient whilst awaiting any responses as I'm not constantly available.

George-Allsorts :

Can you give me the product code from the label inside the fridge please

George-Allsorts :

Also the model number

Customer:

George,

Customer:

There are various numbers but and codes. It was sold through Ikea who logged it as a Frostig BC100.

Customer:

There are also some bar code type numbers. Do you want these too?

George-Allsorts :

please.. one of them shiould start with 85

Customer:

8507 293 15032 and 50 0840 004791

George-Allsorts :

Thankyou .. please wait

George-Allsorts :

Model Whirlpool CBU657W 800.150.169

George-Allsorts :

Is it the thermostat shaft you are after?

George-Allsorts :

Is it the knob that is broken?

Customer:

Yes, there is like a small dial which you need like a coin or screwdriver to push and turn and that has completely come off.

George-Allsorts :

Do you mean the part on the right of this image

Full Size Image

Customer:

Yes, that's exactly right…

George-Allsorts :

OK.. let me check if that part is available on its own

George-Allsorts :

Ok that part is only available as a full part unfortunately

George-Allsorts :

I can send you a link if you wish

Customer:

Yes please, How easy is it to fit??

George-Allsorts :

You can get it at the following link, which is actually cheaper than the Whirplpool website and if you use the discount code you'll get it a little cheaper still

Ikea Freezer parts

The discount code is id1975 and the place to enter it is just to the left of the 'Pay by Card' button

George-Allsorts :

The fitting is purely a push fit... once removed, remove the wires, fit the wires to the new pcb, push the part back into place

George-Allsorts :

Please take some time to rate my assistance

George-Allsorts :

That is the cheapest version that I can find ... all other suppliers are between £88 and £110

George-Allsorts :

Do you require any further help with this?

George-Allsorts :

Let me know if you need any further assistance with this before your time runs out

Customer:

, thanks help so far. I think this control panel has somehow been built in to the top of the freezer. I think I am going to have to still get someone out to see it as I think it is more complicated than I thought! But thanks help.

George-Allsorts :

If you look on the image, you can see the two side clips that hold it into the unit... once the old one is retrieved then the new one is just a push fit