Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

we have WMPF 722 machine which has a broken drive belt. We

we have WMPF 722 machine which has a broken drive belt. We have sourced a replacement part but everytime we fit it and start the machine it comes of the th drum pulley. Is there something we are not doing - is there any adjustment to increase the tension.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Do you still have the old drive belt? If so can you tell me what the part number was on it?

Customer:

The old drive belt was 6PJE 1201 and the replacement is the same

Dales-Electronic :

OK this is a elasticated belt, the only thing that will cause them to break or come off is one/or more of the following things -

Dales-Electronic :

a. the drum pulley at the back is loose

Dales-Electronic :

b. the motor is loose.

Dales-Electronic :

c. the bearings are seized

Dales-Electronic :

d. the machine is overloaded with clothes.

Dales-Electronic :

Once you have checked all these items and repaired them there should be no issues with the new belt ~ Ian

Dales-Electronic :

I would be grateful if you would explain why you have rated this advice as 'Bad Service' ~ the information is totally correct type of appliance

Customer:

The problem was that whatever I tried to do to open your e-mail it refused to show me any answer having given you the drive belt information, which I have now obviously recievedreceived.

Customer:

However responding to your suggestions:-

Customer:

The drum pulley is not loose and neither is the motor.

Customer:

The bearings feel fine and the drum runs smoothly as does the motor (i did suspect brushes at first). There is no load currently in the machine so there is no "start up" effect putting tension on the belt or other components

Customer:

Your further views would be appreciated and I will alter my rating at the end of our discussions when I am satisfied that we have exhausted all possibilities. The original belt did not snap but had slipped off - it is still virtually the same circumference as the new one. There must be some explanation as it has run quite happily years since we purchased it.

Customer:

Ian Sedgley,Facilities Manager

Customer:

Should the drum pulley have a rough surface to hold the belt on? There are no sides to spek off the belt!

Dales-Electronic :

Ian ~ this belt is kept in place by the elastic tension within the belt, if the two pulleys are in alignment then there is no reason why it will come off other than that listed earlier. The drum pulley in most cases is smooth it is the grooves in the drive motor that keeps the alignment down the centre of the pulley, you can move it front to back or back to front on the grooved pulley to line up the drum pulley central. Other than this there is no adjustment, tension as mentioned is the belt itself ~ hope that helps you further

Customer:

Thanks we will try to get it aligned properly. It always looked like that the drive belt was not in a vertical position but we thought that this could be an adjustment issue. From what you say there is enogh space on the motorpulley to get it the right place! I will let you know the outcome later today.

Dales-Electronic :

That's fine, I will be out an hour mid morning but other than that will be around the office ~ Ian

Experience: I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.