George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have ordered an AEG Induction Hob HK854400FB. Can I please

Customer Question

I have ordered an AEG Induction Hob HK854400FB. Can I please be advised what sort of electrical plug or connection it will come with and what power socket it will require.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
This should come with a standard plug that will fit into most outlets you currently have. These units do not draw a lot of power like traditional electric stoves;-)
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Michael,

Thank you for your swift reply. Just what I wanted to hear!

John X

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Your welcome John, If you need anything else please let me know and enjoy your weekend;-)
Please rate at this time.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have had two conflicting answers to my question. One said I would only need a low amp pug and socket. The other said that depending on amperage/wattage I may need heavy duty cables and connectors.

The hob in question is an AEG HK 854400FB.

John XXX

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi John, on that unit its just a HOB, right no oven?
If that is the case all you need is a good heavy duty oven cord but its the standard plug on the end;-) please don’t forget to rate my service to you before you close this page. I will be available to you at no additional cost , you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.
Thank you and have a great day John !
Tech Michael
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.

Hello, my name is George..

The model you are discussing is listed in the manufacturers information with the following details:

Model HK854400FB
PNC 949 595 084 01
220 - 240 V 50 - 60 Hz
Induction 7.4 kW

All electrical connections should be made by a qualified electrician

The fact that the rating of the appliance is 7.4kW means that it will have to be hard wired in to a 30+ amp electrical supply

A rating of my assistance would be appreciated

Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
In this case the appliance must be connected to a double pole switch with a current capacity of at least 30 amps ~ failure to do so will invalidate your warranty
This question has just popped-up again... does this mean that you require further information?