KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

I have an Indesit Dishwasher which is "built in" in my klitchen. I

Customer Question

I have an Indesit Dishwasher which is "built in" in my klitchen.
I have looked at the "troubleshooting" section of the "maintenance manual".
A couple of days ago the lights for "drying" and "end" indicator lights started to "flash".
The instructions say "Reprogramme the machine" but there are no instructions for "reprogramming"
How do I "reprogramme" the machine?
The water is turned on and I have chequed all "filters".
Kind Regards ***** ***** R Parker
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

, welcome to Just answer

Customer:

Please tell me its complete model number

Customer:

and how old is it ?

JACUSTOMER-wvvjf1k3- :

The model number is ***** 125

JACUSTOMER-wvvjf1k3- :

It is about two years old

Customer:

OK, if you number the programme lights with 1 on the left, which numbers are flashing ?

JACUSTOMER-wvvjf1k3- :

Two and three but one flashes to start with

JACUSTOMER-wvvjf1k3- :

then stops

Customer:

so basically at the start...1 & 2 lights flash and then 1st light stops and 2 & 3 lights start flashing ?

JACUSTOMER-wvvjf1k3- :

1 starts to flash when the machine is switched "on"

JACUSTOMER-wvvjf1k3- :

After a while 1 goes out and 2 and 3 start to flash

Customer:

OK, flashing 1 & 2 lights indicate filters are blocked and 2& 3 lights indicate dishwasher has failed to fill with water

Customer:

with the appliance unplugged, can you pull it out and then tip it towards its back by around 45 degrees

Customer:

also please try to clean the inlet hose and valve

Customer:

after this is done please let me know how it goes

JACUSTOMER-wvvjf1k3- :

If I am suppopsed to reply at this stage I not know how to "reply" except to rate the answers as OK. I really need a bit more time to carry out the latest instructions.

Customer:

Yes as I said after you are done please let me know and if needed I will further help you

JACUSTOMER-wvvjf1k3- :

I have checked all the filters and they are all OK. The water pipe appears to be OK I have pulled out the machine and followed your instructions but I still have a problem. the machine just does not work and it used to perform OK.

Customer:

OK and the lights flashing are in same sequence...there is no change ?

JACUSTOMER-wvvjf1k3- :

There is a slight change in the flashing lights. I notice that when the no.1 light is flashing it can be stopped, so that it remains lit, by just pushing the switch which is marked "Stop/ Pause"what this does to the lights 2 and 3 I do not know because they are not "flashing" at this time - they only start to "flash" when the no. 1 light has been "flashing" time. ( the no.I light stops flashing as sooon as the other two start) I really need to know just how I re-programme the whole machine when it has been "locked out".

JACUSTOMER-wvvjf1k3- :

How do I actually speak to you? Is there a telephone number?

Customer:

OK, those flashing lights indicate a problem with the water inlet valve or the wiring itself from the control to the valve

KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I really do not know what else to check. All the filters are clear. Ihave checked the water supply and it is clear. There is NO wiring readily visible between the supply valve (supplied by me) and the control panel. Is this wiring inside the machine? If so then it is not a DIY job!!!! Looks as though I will have to get a Service Engineer from the manufacturers.

OK then it is either the valve of the control itself that is bad and will need replacement....