Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a large Neff fridge and need to remove the light switch

Customer Question

I have a large Neff fridge and need to remove the light switch casing, which is operated on opening/closing of the door, to access the terminal inside. The plunger switch is not sticking but the light will not come on when the door is opened. I was trying to pull of the switch cover whilst the power was connected and noticed that the light came on and then went off again as I released pressure from the cover. I don't want to break the cover, so I need to now how the cover is retained in the fridge housing and the best method of removal. Is their any advise you can give me to solve this problem.
Peter Marsh
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
may I have the full model # ***** your Neff fridge?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have the following identification.
E. No. K4624X4GB/04 and FDK 8806 000237
Is that sufficient?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Peter,
This switch is simply held in place by plastic clip tabs on the switch itself. it would be best to obtain the new switch so you can see exactly where they are, before pulling the old switch out;-)
The best place to get a new switch is Espares.
They are reliable and usually ship the same day you call them;-)
Sales/Parts
0844 9777 888
After sales
0333 4007 888
Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 4pm, or 10am to 4pm on Bank Holidays
Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046.
I will stick with you until this is fixed, please don’t forget to rate my service to you before you close this page. I will be available to you at no additional cost , you can then get in touch with me anytime by simply replying to this message.
Thank you and have a great day Peter.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks help. I will order the new switch. I have dealt with espares before and found them to be very good.
I will get back to you if I need any help fitting the switch.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Your welcome please rate kindly at this time and have a great weekend!
Tech Mike
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
e
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have ordered a replacement switch from Esparza but they are currently out of stock. Possible delivery 6 weeks. I will get back to you if I have any further problems.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Sounds good, its pretty easy to replace but it sure helps to know where the clips are;-)
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Peter, ..

Tha part is in stock at the Manufacturers NEFF .. The part number is ***** and costs £3.34 plus P&P

Here is a link to it:
http://www.neff-eshop.com/eshop/neff/gb/prodlg.htm?Maktx=00621475
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hope you found that info helpful;-)
let me know when you have the switch.
Tech Michael