Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Is it possible to purchase an imitation electric fire unit

Is it possible to purchase an imitation electric fire unit to fit into an existing stove ?
***** *****------ *****@******.***
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Dales-Electronic :

~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Practically the answer is no, however I have seen people take a standard fan heater and clamp it to the bottom of the stove and use it in that way. If you wanted fancy lights in the burn cavity I would guess that would be more difficult ~ Ian

Customer:

Imitation electric fires in "wood Burning" stoves have two units, a fan heater at the top and an imitation log or coal fire at the bottom with lights and movement to simulate flames and burning. You have missed my point. I do not require heat, just the imitation fire unit. If the answer is still no then just forget it. Thanks anyway. DJ

Dales-Electronic :

With due respect your question does not clarify that you did not want heating. Perhaps my question to you should be why would you want to go to the trouble of cobbling together something when few hundered pounds you could replace the existing electric stove?