Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Our Potterton Suprima 70 boiler is controlled by a Potterton

Customer Question

Our Potterton Suprima 70 boiler is controlled by a Potterton 3002 programmer.
When the boiler is not programmed to come on it actually fires up intermittently thus keeping the pump working constantly. When this happens the programmer has no red lights on indicating that it is switching the boiler on. Whilst the central heating slider on the programmer seems to slide very easily, compared to the hot water slider, it appears to be working OK.
I noticed this problem for the first time last night as the boiler is situated not far from our bedroom, so I couldn't help but hear it.
Our set up allows the bathroom radiator to come on even if only the hot water is programmed to come on without the central heating.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Michael :

Hi I am Tech Michael, I am sorry to hear that.

Please be patient as these are technical issues and I want to guide you the best way possible to save you money and time;-)

Please remember these are technical issues and may require some back and forth conversation to sort this out.

Tech Michael

Michael :

I havent seen a reply form you so I will switch us to Q & A it works better anyway;-)

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for coming back to me. I await your answers to solve problem.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Jack how long has this problem been occurring?
And just so I am sure, you mean that the unit will fire up with no indicators showing on the display?
Thank you for your patience.
Tech Mike