Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Door will not open the program has completed

Customer Question

Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Dales-Electronic :

~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting to you queries

Dales-Electronic :

Can you give me the product code or pnc please this is on the rating usually found on the back as well as in the door frame but obviously you cannot get to that right now. If all else fails can you give me the model number ~ ian

JACUSTOMER-ckre8eki- :

X

JACUSTOMER-ckre8eki- :

Ian

JACUSTOMER-ckre8eki- :

Zanussi electroluminescent

JACUSTOMER-ckre8eki- :

Zanussi Electrolux 50 1200 6th

Dales-Electronic :

Have you got a model number in the facia area it will start with Z

JACUSTOMER-ckre8eki- :

No can not see one.

Dales-Electronic :

OK well in the first instance lets see if we can get the door open , have you got a piece of strong string?

JACUSTOMER-ckre8eki- :

Yes

Dales-Electronic :

Which side of the door is the door handle?

JACUSTOMER-ckre8eki- :

Facing on its on my right.

Dales-Electronic :

OK this is tricky you need to thread the string down behind the door and at the inside of the door latch mechanism, once you have done this come back to me

JACUSTOMER-ckre8eki- :

The door is too flush to do what you have said l have wrapped the string all the way round where the door meets the main body .It is still on the outside of the catch.

Dales-Electronic :

OK can you get the washer out unplug and take the top off?

JACUSTOMER-ckre8eki- :

I am 70 and it's under a unit so no not on my own. Will need to get so.

JACUSTOMER-ckre8eki- :

W

Dales-Electronic :

OK when you do let me have the model number and I will see which type of door lock is fitted and we can decide how best to get in, this appliance uses an electronic lock system, so if you can turn off the power/electric to the appliance it might just let you in say after 15minutes or so. I will be back on here most of tomorrow so anytime you are ready to go just pingon here and it will connect you with me ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-ckre8eki- :

Someone to help do that it will be tomorrow. Can you x

Dales-Electronic :

Yes I will be here just log on to this site and your message will come to me ~ have a good evening, I'll speak to you tomorrow ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-ckre8eki- :

Ok thanks.

JACUSTOMER-ckre8eki- :

Ian .

JACUSTOMER-ckre8eki- :

ELECTROLUMIN

JACUSTOMER-ckre8eki- :

Electrolux ZWD 12 70

JACUSTOMER-ckre8eki- :

ZWD 12 70

JACUSTOMER-ckre8eki- :

ZWD12270S

JACUSTOMER-ckre8eki- :

I have turned the appliance off at the mains and taken the top off.

Dales-Electronic :

OK with the power off and a torch you should be able to see where the door catch lever passes through the inside lock assembly. Put your arm down inside the appliance and push it sideways ~ this should release the door . Come back to me when you've done this I am here all day ~ Ian

JACUSTOMER-ckre8eki- :

Ian I have tried to do what you have said. The top of the the lock/catch rocks back and forth and makes a click sound ,but the door still shut fast.

Dales-Electronic :

OK this is going to be a real fiddle because what has happened is that the door catch has seized in the shut position. You will have to try and get a small screwdriver and force the catch open from the inside ~ this will very likely break the door lock but this can be replaced. Are you sure that the door handle is not broken rather than the lock not releasing?

JACUSTOMER-ckre8eki- :

Have tried several times can't do it. Don't know exactly what I am doing. Difficult to get my hand and the screwdriver in and to know where the screwdriver needs to be put to gory to open the lock.

Dales-Electronic :

OK we are the point now of you having to break something to get inside, perhaps you should consider getting someone in that is familiar with the appliance who will do less damage that you might. Unless you are able to lever off the outer rim of the door or release the catch from inside a component will be damaged. perhaps you would let me know if you want to take this further?

JACUSTOMER-ckre8eki- :

I will try to get the Koff/open

Dales-Electronic :

OK im around

JACUSTOMER-ckre8eki- :

I will try and get the lock open as you advise above.Can I then come back to you to let me know what I should do. How do I get the rim off?

Dales-Electronic :

It will either just pop of using a screwdriver in the join or else if its screwed together from the inside you cant do it. You may at the end of the day have to break the lock off from the inside of the appliance by twisting it back and forwards. Keep me in the loop as you progress ~ Ian